About Us

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

The Baby Goats at Deanna Rose Farmstead

My wife took the kids to the Deanna Rose Farmstead in Overland Park, Kansas one day when I was working.  Deanna Rose is free admission during the week, but has a small admission fee on weekends.  It's a city park owned by the city of Overland Park.  It's well known throughout the Kansas City metro area though.
When I got home that night, I was told all about the park.  There were goats they got to feed milk from bottles.  And they fed the goats.  The baby goats were so cute when they fed them.  It was $1.00 for a bottle of milk, and money well spent.  And seriously, how often do you get to feed baby goats?  Once they were done telling me about the goats, the kids told me about some gardens, green tractors that they got to pedal, a fishing pond "but we didn't go fishing because you had to pay, and we don't have to pay when we go with you dad!", and lots of other stuff- including feeding baby goats.  I think one of these days I'll end up going down to Deanna Rose myself.  Baby goats are hungry creatures you know!

Nearest City: Overland Park, KS
Location: 13800 Switzer Road, Overland Park, KS
Time Needed: varies
Difficulty: easy
Kid Friendly: yes
Additional Info: Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead

No comments:

Post a Comment