About Us

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

East Mountain Wilderness Park

I've slacked off on my blog posting recently, so I thought I'd do some catching up. A few weeks ago we visited the Kaysville East Mountain Wilderness Park. It's a decent natural area. There are numerous trails for hiking and mountainbiking, an orienteering course, two streams, and a small waterfall if you know where to look. Nearby is a shooting range. Technically the park is not wilderness. One of my huge pet peeves is calling undeveloped or natural areas "wilderness". I think that there's a huge misconception people have of what constitutes wilderness, but I digress. The park is a good place to go for a walk in the woods.
We enjoyed throwing rocks in Rudd Creek at some pools just east of the trail. It was quite a great spot for a picnic actually.

After the small break, we went back to the trail, crossed the stream and went 200 yards further to find a small waterfall and a nearby geocache.

The park definitely is a great spot for an after work hike or evening walk to watch the sunset.

Nearest City: Kaysville, UT
Location: N41° 02.809 W111° 54.263
Time Needed:
Difficulty:
Kid Friendly:
Additional Info:

No comments:

Post a Comment