About Us

Thursday, December 16, 2010

San Antonio: The Alamo

My second touristy stop in San Antonio was to the Alamo. I'd heard tales about it all my life, and had seen a few movies as well about Davey Crockett, Jim Bowie, and Col. Travis blockading themselves in the old church before facing off against Santa Anna and his forces.

It was closed the first time I went. The second time, I had 10 minutes to walk around and grab a few pictures before being asked to leave because they were closing for the night.

What a pretty spot!

Out in front is a bronze line in the plaza, supposedly where Colonel Travis unsheathed his sword, drew a line in the sand, then asked all who wished to join him to come over to his side and left the remainder to go free.
I definitely want to come back and spend more time!
Nearest City:San Antonio, TX
GPS Coordinates:
Time Needed: 60-90 minutes
Difficulty: Easy
Kid Friendly: Yes
Additional Info: The Alamo closes at 5:30 PM.

1 comment:

  1. that picture down the "alley" part is the exact spot of Ben and My picture!

    ReplyDelete