About Us

Monday, November 15, 2010

Ogden Canyon Hot Springs

I had Thursday off for Veterans Day, so we took a little drive up to Ogden. After we ran a few errands, I wanted to go up Ogden Canyon to try to find the hot springs.

I thought I had read that they were just past the bridge or pipeline, or whatever it is. Sure enough, we pulled off at the first pulloff past the bridge, then followed the trail downstream to the steam rising in the cold morning.
The hot springs is actually a series of pools. There's 2 at the upper end, and 2-3 a little further down.
The hot waterfall looked really nice to me. The water is a little murky, and there's a small amount of trash strewn around, but I was surprised at how kept up everything was since there is so much potential to be trashed.

A few more pics.


Nearest City: Ogden, UT
GPS Coordinates: N 41* 14.150 W 111* 55.465
Time Needed: 30 minutes plus
Difficulty: Easy
Kid Friendly:
Additional Info:

No comments:

Post a Comment