I really liked the fossilised bird prints.
And the fossil fish
And the trilobites. One of the trilobites was as big around as a softball- it was huge!
The rock exhibits were pretty good. They have a florescent mineral collection that you can look at with a black light.
A few exhibits deal with native cultures- like a pottery exhibit, and an arrowhead exhibit.
The sabertooth cat skeleton was really sweet. Behind it you can see the skeleton of a gorilla.
I liked the frog skeleton too. They have a wildlife of Utah display case, and an exhibit on the native fishes of the Weber River. There's a lot to see in a small amount of space. Nearest City: Ogden, UT
GPS Coordinates: N ° W °
Time Needed: 30-45 minutes
Difficulty: Easy
Kid Friendly: Yes
Additional Info: It was pretty hard to find information on this museum. It's open Monday- Friday 8 AM to 5 PM, and the first Saturday of every month. Saturdays it's open are called Science Saturdays. It's free to the public. The museum is in the Lind Lecture Hall- a round building on the Northeast corner of campus. Parking can be tricky to find. I tried to find a location in the visitor parking lot west of the building, but it was all full. I ended up parking at a trailhead 1/4 mile north of the museum.
Hello I I have a question . I have some unusual rock specimens with biological looking features. I'd like someone to visually examine it and tell me whether it is geological or fossil related. Could you please give me the proper contact info . Thank you
ReplyDelete